Launched in partnership with leading conservation technology community WILDLABS, Edge Impulse is proud to announce the WILDLABS Fellowship: On the Edge, a new fellowship aimed at those working with machine learning on edge devices, at the intersection of conservation and innovation.
How can Edge Impulse’s embedded machine learning tools and support help the WILDLABS conservation tech community harness the power of machine learning in areas like:
- Analyzing huge amounts of acoustic data to identify endangered species in rainforest soundscapes?
- Integrating machine learning into camera trap surveys to spot elusive species?
- Understanding individual animals’ ranges and movements with biologging data?
- Developing open source tools for the conservation tech community?
No matter the species, environment, or conservation challenge your project is based around, if you’ve got a machine learning-powered idea in development, Edge Impulse and WILDLABS want to hear about how their support can help you bring it to life and share it with the global conservation technology community!
Alongside mentors from Edge Impulse and WILDLABS, the chosen Fellows will work where engineering and conservation connect to bring innovative, cutting-edge ideas to life. You don’t need to be an expert in machine learning to apply; through Edge Impulse’s invaluable mentorship for Fellows, you’ll develop the skills you need to apply machine learning to your work - both on this project and in the future.
Over the course of one year, the chosen Fellows will receive:
- A $6,500 award from Edge Impulse
- The support of an Edge Impulse Mentor with expertise in machine learning
- A public platform to share and publish progress and results, with project coverage through Edge Impulse and WILDLABS’ various content channels, including virtual events, case studies, and interviews.
- The WILDLABS team’s ongoing support to help your project updates and results have a far-reaching impact in our community and beyond.
- Access to the WILDLABS community’s network of conservation tech experts
- Access to other training and project resources from Edge Impulse
Interested in joining the WILDLABS Fellowship: On the Edge?
Follow these steps to apply:
- Read the full details of this fellowship opportunity on WILDLABS.
- Make sure you're familiar with the WILDLABS Fellowship: On the Edge Terms & Conditions and FAQs.
- Download the WILDLABS Fellowship: On the Edge Application Form found here on WILDLABS and tell us about your machine learning-powered project.
- Submit it to Fellowships@wildlabs.net
The deadline for submissions is Sunday, August 15th 2021 at 11:55pm GMT.
As the first global conservation technology community, WILDLABS brings together conservationists, engineers, academics, and experts working on conservation’s biggest challenges around the world. With a growing range of programs focused on sparking conversations and ideas, providing their community with the resources and skills to put those ideas into motion, and supporting innovation, WILDLABS is the launching pad for conservation technology’s future solutions